Wednesday 3 February 2010

Introduction

Welcome to my blog. I am currently studying art and design at Blackpool and the Fylde College. Im 23 and recently got back into full time education after a few years and many dead end jobs. I have recently rediscovered my passion for drawing. I can recall the moment when I had to turn my life around. I had recently lost a very close friend to me, which made me realise there is more to life than just barely existing. I was losing sleep, and after staying up late to finish one of my sketches, I took a step back and a second look at what I had created. I realised my potential to make a career of something I actually enjoy doing. So I took a big step, quit my job and looked into starting college.
So there I was straight out of work and back into full time education, I had no idea if I was going to fit in, or if I was able to keep up. The experiences on this course have been a great eye opener for me. I hope to start university in September and start honing my abilities into a course in graphic design. I would really like nothing more than to attend Manchester Met University as it would be my first choice above anywhere else.
Below are just a few examples of my work from my ongoing portfolio which I hope to have doubled in size by the time I finish my current course.

No comments:

Post a Comment